DKP Cap

• Hello,

I want to set up a DKP cap of 2500 DKP using automatic points adjustments. I see there is a maximum points option. I think I got that set up correctly with 2500 being the upper point cap and 0 being the lower point cap.

However I am having trouble figuring out what to set as the calculation. I can't find any documentation on setting up a cap.
  • Ok maybe I am confused on what exactly this function does. I thought the maximum points adjusted any player with the DKP value of 2500 (my value) and above back down to 2500.

When I have it recalculate, it shows the DKP Cap cron has ran, however no points have been adjusted on any player that has a DKP value above 2500.
  • Maybe the cron starts at the next execution date, independent from whether you click on recalculation or not. I dont know the exact implementation as it was not from me, but I reworked a lot of the apa stuff in 2.3 to work better.
    Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken - Spenden | You want to thank me - Donate.

• Ok. I'm not showing it has made any adjustments to anyone. DKP totals are still the same. I'm not showing any errors in the logging. I even checked error_log and nothing is in there. I clicked on the icon to "Recalculate corrections" and still no changes. I even went into cron management and ran the cron manually and it said it ran.

I have an entry in Automatic point adjustment for maximum points. Here are my entries for it.

Name of the automatic point adjustment: DKP Cap

time of execution: 12:24
    Multidkp-Pools: Default (This is the dkp pool I use for all characters)
    Upper point cap: 2500
    Lower point cap: 2500
    Check point cap every x days: 1

Event for the adjustment: DKP Cap (Created the event just for this using the default dkp pool)Start Date: 03.11.17Check Twinks Separately: Off
  • Yes, the cronjob runs more than he makes adjustments. And only that he runs does not mean does he do anything.

He checks if a calculation needs to be done (to be specific, it the next runtime of the APA is reached). This helps to do not multiple adjustments.

Also, the recalculation is implemented for this APA.

Moreover, I think your lower cap is not right. It should be something with a minus or zero. All values below the lower cap are set to the lower cap.
    Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

• Maybe the cron is inactive. Because the whole cronmanagement in 2.2 lacks a bit, we already have changed it with 2.3.

I think this whole issue will be fixed with 2.3, as we added a hard cap that does not base on cronjobs, and improved the cronjob management as well as the APA management.

Please understand that I will not investigate this issue for 2.2 anymore.
    Viele Grüße,
    GodMod