JDKP Java Error

• Ever since a recent Java update I cannot start JDKP properly.

I get this error when attempting to start the program.

I appreciate it might be a problem on my PC, but I'm not sure were to troubleshoot if that is the case.

I did try re-installing Java again but no luck.

• Ok, I updated it and read an article about permissions, its just reporting this now

It might be related to this

https://stackoverflow.com/ques…-make-member-accessible-m

and Java 9

• Sorry for the late response.

Two things on this:

- The registry error has nothing to do with actual permissions. It occurs because some registry key cannot be found. You can ignore this message (it does not affect JDKP functionality) or do the following:

# start registry editor with administrator privileges and create a key (no values needed) depending on system architecture:

# for 32bit java running on x64 systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WoW6432Node\JavaSoft\Prefs

# all other cases: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs

- Regarding Java9: I currently have no plans to support Java 9. That's mainly because time is limited at the moment. If single Java 8 is no option for you I can offer you a plain JAR package of JDKP. With that you can install Java 8 side by side with Java 9 and use a batch-file to explicitly use Java 8 for JDKP. Right now I'm unable to say when Java 9 will be supported (if ever). Sorry.

• The attached version should work with Java9 and Java10. Just execute the Jar-File.

Note: this will not remove the warning with the Registry.

Dateien

• jdkp_java10.zip

(4,36 MB, 36 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• Great. I am currently working on a JDKP Version that supports EQdkp Plus 2.3, as we changed the API Authentication there (no more user/password, but API Token instead).

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal