EQdkp Plus Update to 2.3

• EQdkp Plus 2.3 was released. Currently, we do not distribute direct Updates for existing 2.2 installations.

Therefore you have to make a few steps to get the Update for 2.3 if using 2.2.

• Create a backup of your files and your database
    • Open the file config.php at the root folder of your installation and insert the following code before the ending ?>: define('REPO_CHANNEL', 'beta');
    • Change the default style and your personal style to eqdkp_modern to avoid problems during the update
    • Go to the Live-Update Administrationpage and click on the button Check for updates
    • Click now on the button Start Live-Update
    • The Updater searches for the update package and downloads it
    • During the update process, the updates will show you files where conflicts have been found. This is mostly the case if you have modified files. You should download the modified files and continue with the update so the new files can be copied.

• Now, the new files will be copied over your existing installation. After that, your style may have display problems, as the following picture shows. But the Live-Update should continue and run until the end. The showed SQL-errors will be fixed at the later step.
    • After the update you will be redirected to the maintenance area. Execute the update 2.3.0 and after that the worker to build the pointcache.

Continued at the next post.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• Build the pointcache
    • Now you are done with the maintenance mode and you can leave it. In the next step, you have to update the extensions.
    • Try to go into the Extension Management. You can use the URL admin/manage_extensions.php for that.

• At the extension management, you should update your style by clicking on the red icon.
    • After that, you can update the other extensions.
    • Now you are done with the Update to 2.3 and you can remove define('REPO_CHANNEL', 'beta'); from the config.php file.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal